Monday, August 30, 2010

Why RTF 305?

Well first off, I'm pretty different from most people in the class in that I'm not a RTF major or anything close to that. Right now I'm a freshman in Undergraduate studies but I want to get into the business school.I decided to use this year to get as many of the required classes finished so I can concentrate on my major later. Looking through the VAPA courses, I was very depressed about my options, as I didn't see much I wanted. However, that was until I saw this course. I figure I know more about (and enjoy) radio, television and film than Art history or something like that. Right now I'm pretty confident I made the right choice. When I looked through the book, I saw topics about which I was fairly familiar with. More than that, the list of movies that would be screened for the class includes several movies that I really like, and several more that I have heard lots of good things about. In fact as I am writing I am looking at the poster of The Godfather hanging on my wall. It looks like this one:
http://www.easyart.com/art-prints/Celebrity-Image/The-Godfather-%28Red-Rose%29-331505.htmlI wanted this one, signed by Brando but it was most certainly out of my budget.
http://www.antiquitiesca.com/products/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=445
In terms of what blogs I follow, I'm afraid I don't really, at least in a traditional sense but sometimes I use
http://gizmodo.com/ ever since I heard that it had pictures of the new iPhone when they shouldn't have. I found it to be pretty up to date on new tech.
Anyway I hope I'll do well in the class regardless of my intended major. 

No comments:

Post a Comment