Sunday, November 7, 2010

Advertising Appeals

At first, I couldn't think of any ads I thought were particularly persuasive recently and that I would actually have to look for one. Well I found one almost at random while web surfing.
The ad was for a remake of an old video game based on the James Bond movie Goldeneye. Now to most people, that means nothing, but to me and many like me, Goldeneye (the game, not the movie) was the source of days of entertainment. The reason the ad hit me strongly was because I enjoyed the original product and the ad made sure to closely link the new game to the old one and emphasize what was so fun about the game.
In terms of the lecture I guess the closest appeal was nurture. This was one of the earliest games I played and because of this I have a great deal of nostalgia for my time playing it. This game nurtured me into a gamer, and I still remember that today. Nurture is what you grew up with and I most certainly grew up playing Goldeneye.
The nostalgia invoked by this ad almost made me want to buy it. If you think that's not much, consider the fact that I usually ignore ads entirely, which is why I had to choose this ad to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment